Friday, September 21, 2012

Importance of Baptism

      In Mosiah 5:7, it explains that people are called the children of Christ if they make the covenant to take on Christ's name. When I made the covenant of baptism, I was making a promise with the Lord that I would have faith in him. Once this promise is made, I can have a change of heart and be more Christ-like. In John chapter 3 verses one through eight, Christ explains the process of being born again. He is referring to baptism and being cleansed from sin. Baptism is the only way that I am able to enter into the Kingdom of God. Entering the Kingdom of God is the ability to live with God in heaven in a perfect state. Being accepted into the Kingdom is one step closer to becoming like my Father in Heaven. Christ has made it possible for man to be baptized with fire or the Holy Spirit. This is critical for entering into His Kingdom.

In Moses 6:59, it explains that man is born of blood and I need to be cleansed of that blood, "even the blood of my only begotten". It is through the blood of Christ that we can be born again of water and spirit. This is what will sanctify me of all of my sins and could possibly achieve immortal glory. According to Romans 6:4, Baptism is similar to death because like Christ died and was raised up, I too can be cleansed and rise again with a new life. Heavenly Father compares the natural element of water to the spirit. This is because the body and spirit are what create the soul. Our bodies need both water and blood to survive and referring back to blood as just the body, it would make sense that it is water that is our spirit. Both our needed for people and souls to exist.

God loves us so much that he gave up his only begotten son to sacrifice his life for me and the rest of the world. I cannot imagine giving up my child for the sake of others. That is precisely the reason. People on Earth arent just 'others'. We are all children of God and he loves each and every one of us. I know that with all of my heart. God gives me so many chances and he created the miracle of forgiveness. Sometimes it is hard to repent but it is all worth it. He made is so all I have to do is believe in Jesus the Christ. Since I believe and have faith in him, I know that I must follow the  commandments. I gladly follow these commandments because I know the Lord will provide all of my necessities. Just knowing that someone loves me so much is a necessity. I know that Christ died for me and feels all the pain that I go through. He is the one who hears my heartfelt prayers and he is the one who feels so much empathy for me. This is what I know and I know that this church is true and through baptism, I can be saved and live with Christ and Heavenly Father again.

No comments:

Post a Comment